Forum

What's been on your mind? Talk gardening here!

Home Forums General General Gardening Discussion

General Gardening Discussion

• Author
    Profile Picture
    HobbyGardener85
    Participant

I haven’t planted any roses, I’m more of a veggie gardener. I love my edibles. Do you grow any veggies?

Profile Picture
    robincooper
    Participant

I grow! In love with my carrot garden. Also, looking for effective weed killer? What do you think about these variants bestadvisers.co.uk/weed-killers ? Thanks!

Profile Picture
    henry100
    Participant

What have you done in the garden today?

Profile Picture
    henry100
    Participant

Todays gardening has been about 4 hours worth “Thanks to the weather being dry here in this part of France,

And so ive managed to plant a young pear tree and tidy up the base area of the magolia tree i planted last year, It’s showing signs of  new buds and today its been rewarded with a small bag of acid compost.

It’s a lovely feeling knowing springs just around the corner,

We did a visit to the local large store (18 miles away) and as much as i dislike these visits im rewarded by being let loose on the gardening dept,

You get some really good buys ref plants /bulbs/ and what i call the mens counter “odds and sods” And this morning i came across a really neat bird nesting box,

It’s made to look like a mini caravan with wheels and mud guards, a front window with the hole cut into the door area /a skate bourd painted on the front and at the opposit side of this van are the fixing and an inspection door so you can clean the inside after use.

I have lots of bird nesting box’s all over the garden and this is the latest addition.

I finished todays garden work by cutting a nice sharp edge along one of the borders, “keeps it looking nice and crisp”

They say as you get older you feel that stiff back and i feel knowing when to stop and sit for a while and enjoy what you’ve done and plan your next work load “Oh and give your best four legged  friend a cuddle, It was coming up to 7pm and the light was starting to dim So it was time to call it a day.

I must say when i read about the floods throughout the UK and all the gardening folk who’ve lost everything !!!!!! My heart really feels for people who like myself can’t do a thing about such an act of nature, Lets hope better days are just around the corner.

Profile Picture
    henry100
    Participant

Hi Ive been on this forum for a very short while (1 week) and tobe honest i feel like im on some ghost forum,

No body else seems to try to put any form of anything on here,

Am i the only gardener on this forum?

Profile Picture
    Essen
    Participant

I received an email and watched their website (www.epolypebbles.com). This plastic pebbles looks very beautiful. Can anyone tell me if it can cause damage to plants?

Profile Picture
    JohnGardens
    Participant

Hi Henry100, theres more of us here! I sometimes browse the forums but i mainly use Garden Savvy to help me find new suppliers when I need new seeds.

Do you have any photos of your garden you can share with us? Here are some of my flowers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

\